2011年9月29日 星期四

快樂的原因 Reason for Happiness

Master Ban Ji wants me to write an article on why I am happy. She does know how to assign home works.


半寄師父要我寫自己快樂的原因,她很喜歡給我功課去做。


This is hard to say. I can say that it is because I understand the Truth better. But that seems cliche and seems to avoid the point. I can say that I am a better person; but that seems patronizing to you, the readers. My emotions are quicker to dissipate, and that is a good thing; especially when the emotion is the result of arguing with my wife. But that's not the reason either.


這很難說。如果我說,自己快樂是因為我明白真相,那很陳腔濫調;
若是說,我感到自己比過去更好,所以快樂,會覺得是在應付您。
我的情緒消散很快,現在大都避免跟我太太吵架、僵持太久,這是件好事,
但這些並不是我快樂的真正原因。


I think the real reason that I am happy is that I know that I am powerful. I don't need to any of the "dark sides" in life because I don't need them. Because I am in control of my life.


我認為真正的原因是:知道自己有能力,
我不需要「黑暗面」,因為我能控制自己的生命。


For example, if you know the world is your ATM, and you can take money out whenever you need to, and the money will never run out. Would you still be greedy?
例如,如果您知道世界是您的自動提款機,當需要的時候,
可以隨時拿錢出來,錢也永遠不會用完。您還需要貪嗎?


Do you still need to have anger if you are able to avoid events that will cause you angry?


如果您能夠避免會導致您生氣的事,您還需要憤怒嗎?


Are you still ignorant if you know the Truth?


如果您知道真相,您還有愚痴嗎?


If you can eliminate the three akusala-mūla (poisons) of Greed, Anger and Ignorance, you would be happy too.


如果您能夠消除三毒 (貪嗔痴),您也會很快樂。


But ultimately, I think I am happy because I have no fear.


所以,我的結論是:我很快樂是因為我沒有恐懼。

沒有留言: