2012年1月4日 星期三

經的看法 7 A View on Buddhist Texts 7

When you are starting to learn about wine (or beer, or coffee, or tea, whatever your personal preference.), you might be able to tell just that the wine is tart or not. But as you learn more about wine, you palate changes, and you are able to start to discriminate subtle aspects of wines. You start to understand the nuances, and you will start to say things like this wine has a "Gentle waves of black fruit, black and white pepper, hints of bacon fat and smoke wash across the palate." (From http://www.winereviewonline.com/) The wine did not change, but you did.

當您開始學喝葡萄酒(啤酒、咖啡或茶),您也許只知道酒酸不酸。但是當您有所進步,能了解葡萄酒,您的舌頭開始有了變化。 您可以開始辨視葡萄酒的微妙,喝出細微的差別。您會開始說,這種酒有「黑果,黑和白胡椒的味道,也有一些臘肉的脂肪和煙味在裡面
」其實,葡萄酒沒有改變,但你有。

It is the same with Buddhist Texts. Learning about Buddhism is the same as well.

讀佛經也是這樣、學佛也是如此。

As I move forward with my Practice, I found that my feelings about the words on Buddhist Texts and my old writings has changed as well. There are nothing wrong with those words, but I have changed.

一步一步的修行,讓我發現自己對佛經和一些舊文章的看法有所改變。 不是說這些佛經或舊文章有任何不對的地方,只能說我變了。


Buddhist Texts have depth, and they need to be felt. You can use your brain to read them, use your rational side to analyze them and to acquire knowledge that are presented in them. But once you have the knowledge, you will need to Practice to be able to start to feel them.

佛經有很深的層次,它的文字需要被感覺的。您可以用大腦、用理性來分析佛經和掌握知識。但是,一旦您有了知識,將需要用「修行」去感覺佛經。

It is just not the same.

那就是不一樣。

If I am going to write another article to explain the Heart Sutra, I would not know where to start. Because while I have feelings for some of the words and phrases, there are a lot of content that I simply have no feeling for. For those words and phrases that I have no feel for, I don't dare to explain. For the words and phrases that I felt, I wouldn't know how to explain them either, and I don't think I can write anything that will explain them any better. So there will be nothing to write, and I probably will not refer to any Buddhist Texts again. I will only write about my own experiences and feelings.

如果我要寫另一篇文章來解釋「心經」,不會知道從哪裡開始,因為我對一些字和詞有感覺,但對很多內容一點感覺都沒有。
沒有感覺的不敢解釋,有感覺的不會解釋。
而且我不認為自己可以寫出任何解釋,是比原文更清楚的,所以不會寫,也不會再引用經文了。 只會寫自己的感覺跟經驗

[Note] I am not a wine lover, just using wine as an example.

[註]我不愛喝葡萄酒,只是用葡萄酒為例子。



上一篇 Previous Part

沒有留言: